Opt Out Orlando is working with local partners and attorneys, and we are building a legal case against high stakes testing in Florida. We need the help of the public to make this a success – in particular, we need your story.
Have you or your child been…
- retaliated against because you wanted to opt out?
- threatened with remediation because of unsatisfactory FCAT scores?
- denied promotion to the next grade because of unsatisfactory FCAT scores?
- denied a regular diploma because of unsatisfactory FCAT scores?
- denied graduation because of unsatisfactory FCAT?
- denied classes or extracurricular activities (like electives, honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, etc.) because of unsatisfactory FCAT scores or because of remedial courses after failing FCAT?
- told by a school official that you cannot attend a charter school or take part in school choice (like magnets schools) because your FCAT scores are “not high enough?”
- denied anything because a school official told you that your FCAT scores are “too low” or because you did not take the test?
In many districts, the FCAT was administered on computers this year. Many teachers and students witnessed disruptive and problematic issues with the new format.
Did you or your child…
- experience testing abnormalities (answer changes, glitches, delays, etc.)
- sit for abnormally long testing sessions due to technological delays/malfunctions
- have to re-take a session because of a computer crash?
Want to help us end this madness?
Please e-mail your story to us at: optoutorlando@gmail with Subject: Lawsuit
Please be sure to include
- details – child’s age, grade, school district, and any particulars you feel would be helpful for us to know.
- your contact information so that we may contact you if needed.
Opt Out Orlando
Facebook: Opt Out Orlando